If you tuned in to Married At First Sight last night then you most definitely witnessed Andrew’s repulsive behaviour towards Holly at the dinner party. People on Twitter described it as “narcissistic” and an example of gaslighting.
But what was particularly triggering was how Andrew managed to turn everyone else against Holly, through manipulation and lies. To recap, Holly and Andrew arrived at the party separately, and with Andrew arriving first, he told everyone how hurt he was because Holly had ditched him.
Olivia and Tamara immediately took his side and ladies, can we please hear both sides of the story before choosing right from wrong? It’s starting to get frustrating at this point.
“I felt that energy that they really wanted to go after Holly,” Andrew told producers, right after he manipulated every single person in the room to turn against her. “That’s a reflection of Holly, not me.”
Unbelievable. I’m starting to understand why his last two marriages didn’t work out.
When Holly arrived, her feelings were invalidated, and hardly anyone tried to hear her side of the story.
As it was all unfolding, Twitter shared their thoughts.
“The narrative where Andrew can be a literal sociopath misogynist but it’s still Holly who is ‘too intense’ re[garding] wanting kids or whatever is literally everything that sucks about being a woman in one example,” wrote one user.
Others called it “classic gaslighting behaviour” and we have to agree. Andrew’s treatment of Holly was upsetting, and calling her acting “crazy” is simply because he was making her feel that way.
Married At First Sight airs at 7.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.
Want more MAFS goss? Check out the stories below:
- This is Exactly How Much Married At First Sight Contestants Get Paid
- Screaming, Tears and a Shoey — Here’s What to Expect from Married At First Sight 2022
- Can’t Get Enough of Married At First Sight? Here’s Where to Follow the Cast on the ‘Gram
- If MAFS’ Selina Looks Familiar, it’s Because You’ve Seen Her on Another Reality Show
- After a Failed Marriage, Domenica is Ready to Find Love Once Again on Married At First Sight
- She Hasn’t Been in a Relationship for 9 Years, But Will Ella Find Love on MAFS?
- Al Has Never Been in a Relationship, But He’s Determined to Find Love on MAFS
- Meet Selin, the Single Mother Who is Hoping to Find Her Dream Man on Married At First Sight
- Anthony Is a Pro-Wrestler With a Lot of Love to Share, But Will He Find The One on MAFS?
- Brent Has a Foot Phobia But That’s Not Going to Stop Him From Walking Down the Aisle on MAFS
- You Asked, We Answered: Are the Marriages on Married At First Sight Legal?
If you or someone you know is facing any form of domestic violence, please call the 1800 Respect hotline on 1800 737 732 or chat online. If you require immediate assistance, please call 000.